Book Review: "Children of a Broken Sky" by Adam J. Nicolai




Previously posted on Goodreads!¹


Different kinds of faith. 


Different kinds of heroes. 

Only one enemy in common.



Children of a Broken Sky is a book that exceeded my expectations. I wasn't sure to read it because the main theme is religion (this one reminds me of the Catholic Church -a lot) and I'm not fond of reading something like that... but with Nicolai's book now I'm totally looking forward to the next instance.



I think that what it made it so interesting was the fact that its characters, even that they're friends since childhood, are very different from each other, what makes the situations even more difficult. There's a point that you even think that someone is going to betray the other at some point, that's why I think the book is pretty unpredictable (and more because they actually don't have plans, everything is done according to the situation, you even start to think about what would it happen if... I mean, you start to feel that you are in their situation and you need desperately to help them).


This book is definitely worth reading and I'm sure that I won't be the only one praying to Akir for the next one ;)


ADAM J. NICOLAI lives near Minneapolis, MN with his wife, Joy, and their two children, Isaac and Rydia. He is a life-long nerd, game lover, author, Star Wars fan, Dungeon Master, and amateur game designer, as well as a former project manager and policy debate coach.





¹This review was written and originally posted on my Goodreads profile in 2014. It might now present minor changes in structure or corrections but has not changed its intention.


0 comentarios:

Post a Comment