Alexandra, The Dorky Writer: Chapter 9



A terrible curse had fallen in the kingdom where Alexandra, The Dorky Writer, lived. Everyone had to stay home, otherwise, people could fall ill and even die. Even though The Dorky Writer loved to stay away from adventures, she started to feel anxious because her look-alike angels started to look more like little devils who didn't know what to do with their lives while being trapped. Days passed and she received an owl-delivered letter. It was a tiny ad from her Dragon friend. A mean to escape while staying home. A new kind of adventure. She sent her answer. And that's how it began.

My beloved friend/Facebook daughter, Priscila Dragón, decided to open a writing workshop during this quarantine and invited people from everywhere. I actually didn't think about it twice and asked her if I could participate. I got in. This is one of the best decisions I've ever made.

I admit it, logging in every Tuesday and Thursday still gives me the bad chills, part of the anxiety, I suppose, but things flow in a way that is so natural, that, little by little, such anxiety goes away... until our next session, ha, or until I have to read what I wrote, of course. When sharing out loud I'm always feeling as if I'm going to be attacked somehow, and this is where it becomes magical. There are not attacks, not bad intentions. The LETRASIS group is well-intentioned, their criticism is incredibly constructive, our (I'm including myself here this time) reactions are pure and priceless. And the support! The encouragement is neverending!

I've felt braver when it comes to sharing. I've published one of the things I've enjoyed the most in here, as Sin pólvora, pero con tinta, and I also have a queue already for the other projects. 

Catharsis has been humongous, both when it comes to writing and still recent heartbreak. And, I haven't told this to them but LETRASIS is one of the things that are helping me coming back to the writing world for real, to the point I'm going to share my unfinished novel(s) for the first time (I'm dying inside a little, stupid anxiety), and thanks to them and Anny's advice, I even decided to go back to my Master's Degree classes (I feel I'm not going to finish all homework because my mind is in a bad learning state, but the point is that I'm back, bitches!)

This is where I fear I am in a maniac mood, the top of the rollercoaster, because my brain is in such fire I've been trying to to do everything at the same time: the reading, the writing, everything related to the world I'm familiar and that I love since forever. So I really hope it's not! I'm beginning to use my bullet journal properly!

I've had some trouble with the Master's, but talking about LETRASIS, my writing family, makes me not want to talk about that now.

Thank you Priscila, 313, Missael, Karla, and Juan Carlos!

End of Chapter 9.

0 comentarios:

Post a Comment