Book Review: "30-Second Literature. The 50 most important forms, genres and styles, each explained in half a minute"



The idea of this book is excellent. I enjoyed it from the beginning. It's a perfect work for people that are looking for some light reading, for those starting their literature studies, and for people that have no idea of some related terminology.


I received this copy in a .ascm format, so I don't know how it would look in a tablet or in a physical format, but I think it'd work splendidly in a digital way since it has tiny sections that can send you to other pages with related content, as well as extra bibliography.



I would've liked the inclusion of a couple of more authors biographies' for each section and that they would've dedicated time for children's and erotica's literature since they have been earning new readers and more relevance nowadays.



If I ever see this book, I'm gonna buy it.

I could read this book thanks to NetGalley and Ivy Press ;)


ELLA BERTHOUD started reading on a journey from Tehran to London, on the parcel shelf of a Wolsey 1300 when she was five. She spent the next thirteen years reading books in inappropriate places like ski-lifts and trampolines. She studied English Literature at Cambridge University, where she read as many novels as she could at once. She continued on to University of East London where she studied Fine Art, and combined her twin passions of reading and painting by listening to books while creating works of art.



0 comentarios:

Post a Comment